Sunday 1 June 2014

My busy weekend.

When my eldest daughter was a little girl her favourite book was called 'My busy weekend'. It told a simple story of a little girl helping her parents with the shopping, stretching up to the fridge to help put it away,  hanging out the washing,  walking the dog , and helping her daddy in the garden. Ah- the simple life!  It all sounds a bit 1950s now I come to think of it but it must have been the late 80s/early 90s. As we go through these routines every weekend I often think of it! I just don't know where we get all our washing from-anyone would think we ran a B & B!
Anyway. today I did manage some time to work on a few bits and pieces. I love 'altered art' and rubber stamping and like using this media to make vintage tags for scrapbooking, cardmaking and gifts.

These are 'botanical flowers' - a lovely lady has just ordered 50 for a hotel wedding in Scotland-so lovely to think that they are going to be used in this way! 

I call these ones 'Mannequin' or my 'corset ladies'!

I can spend many a happy hour playing with my vintage look stamps. I just love anything with an Eiffel Tower or French wording...
Ooh la la! I stamped different designs onto kraft card to make vintage-style luggage labels.

Then I made some more of these cute 'spools' to present my vintage haberdashery on. 
So many crafts-so little time! 

I have had to spend a little time today in preparing for tomorrow as I have work...only a few hours though as it is just  part-time and I always look forward to seeing my lovely trainees again!

Have you had a 'busy weekend'?  Hope you made time for crafting!
Alison xx




10 comments:

  1. Lovely tags and your spools are a great idea, did you cut them yourself?
    I have had a lovely crafty and gardening weekend. Worked on a gored Batik skirt on Friday then needed to source some silk lining for it. Found some at a shop not too many miles away so I left early Saturday morning to buy it. Surprised the shop keeper with the size of my purchase (he normally only sells it by the quarter metre) I bought 10 metres. Some of my Crafty friends will want some when they know I have it.
    In the evening knitting the Hitchhiker Scarf by Martina Behm.
    Then lots of gardening and getting bitten by gnats.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your weekend sounds lovely. I love the idea of your gored batik skirt-they must have been surprised at your 10 metre purchase! It will no doubt come in useful though, or to pass on. Oh no it is the gnat season again-makes me rush inside in the evenings! Would love to see a pic of your skirt when finished,xx

      Delete
  2. I love your tags especially the botanical ones and your spools are great too. I have had a lovely but busy weekend gardening and crafting. I've been making birthday cards and also doing some crochet
    Have a good week
    Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like a lovely weekend Jackie-perfect! I always intend to make birthday cards but somehow these birthdays rush up on me and I've never got any done! I do love crochet. So many crafts...more time please! Alison xx

      Delete
  3. What lovely things you've been making Alison.
    The tags are so pretty.
    I love that some will be used to present vintage ribbons and lace.
    Margaret x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Margaret-I was very inspired by the vintage haberdashery in 'The Paradise' (did you see that on TV?) I love how ribbons and lace were presented back then and it keeps them all handy! Have a good week, Alison xx

      Delete
  4. Hi Alison how I love your tags, they are just gorgeous. I adore the spools and think they will just come alive with fabulous threads and ribbons. What a lovely idea for the vintage tags, so unique and pretty, I am sure the guests will be over the moon with these. You are such a clever lady Alison, so lovely to call and see you again. Have a great day tomorrow, big hugs and loves
    Dorothyxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dorothy thank you I am so glad you like my tags. I find it so therapeutic just putting them together and imagining where they are going! I have been at work today and when I got home I just had to go and do a few to relax! Hope you are having a good week Love Alison xxx

      Delete
  5. Love the tags. How exciting to see the tags being used for a wedding. The spools would bring out the lovely vintage laces and ribbons. Great ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are wonderful tags,super work...
    I have had to rejoin your blog due to having to start a new one myself...hacker got into mine and google suggested to close it down. so after nearly 550 members and two years of work I am starting over. I have three wonderful artists sponsoring my candy...feel free to join up and join in...thanks...luv aNNIe
    The Journey is the Start

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting- I love reading your comments so please do send me one! xx